Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Genesis 6-9... What kind of person is God? You Might Be Suprised!

I usually think of God as the best of the best. Most people who believe in God do as well. But after reading Genesis 6-9, I just don't know. His answer to the people not worshipping him was flood the world and destroy humanity. Who does that? That's awful. I think God was an arrogant person in this story he had no tolerance at all. He could have given humanity another chance, or warn them. Although he was arrogant, I do not think he was oblivious. He did realize that Noah was worshipping him. He didn't annoy God. God awarded him and helped him, his family and 2 of every kind of animal on the arc to be saved. After humanity was wiped out he didn't forget about Noah and he did make the flood go away. Although God was an arrogant, impatient, and awful person in the beginning I do think he learned his lesson when he agreed never to whipe out humanity again. This was part of the covenant he made with Noah. You should read Genesis and tell me what you think of God in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment